50 Things You Can Do For Your Mental Health
Mental health issues can affect anyone, at any time and today is a reminder to take better care of your mental health. There are small things that we can do everyday to improve how we think and feel. Create an environment in your life that is beneficial to the nourishment of your personal growth and wellbeing. In support of World Mental Health Day today (10th October) here is a list of 50 things you can do for your mental health.
1. Make your bed everyday. It’s a simple way to immediately feel like you have your life together.
2. Begin your day by reminding yourself of something positive about your life.
3. Repeat positive affirmations to yourself.
4. Start waking up earlier.
5. Wake up and stretch.
6. Practice deep, calming breathing.
7. Prepare for the morning the night before.
8. Make time for breakfast.
9. Pay attention to your feelings.
10. Surround yourself with positive people.
11. Distance yourself from negative people and relationships.
12. Start a hobby that makes you feel good.
13. Complain less.
14. Worry less.
15. Get plenty of sleep.
16. De-clutter your personal space.
17. Have something to look forward to.
18. Stop comparing yourself to others.
19. Spend less time on social media. People put their happiest self out there, which makes it easier to feel rubbish about your own life. Concentrate on what is happening in real life.
20. Spend time outside.
21. Appreciate nature and your surroundings.
22. Have a good laugh.
23. Take time to be by yourself, away from others.
24. Read inspiring quotes.
25. Don’t force yourself to do anything you don’t want to do.
26. Spend time with close friends and family.
27. Keep your attention on the here and now.
28. Exercise for at least 20 minutes each day.
29. Do one thing that you have been putting off each day.
30. Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday.
31. Cook a healthy meal.
32. Eat mindfully.
33. Set yourself goals and pursue your dreams.
34. Take action towards a goal.
35. Take a step back in order to move forward. This will help us to revaluate where we are, what our goals are and where we want to be in the future.
36. Prioritise your to-do list.
37. Buy yourself flowers.
38. Listen to happy and uplifting music.
39. Have a cuddle with a pet.
40. Look back at happy photos and reminisce about good memories.
41. Remind yourself that negative feelings are only temporary.
42. Embrace your imperfections.
43. Make a list of your accomplishments.
44. Celebrate a small achievement.
45. Practice gratitude daily and appreciate what’s good in your life.
46. Learn something new and develop your skills.
47. Be curious and ask questions all the time.
48. Be confident even if you don’t feel it.
49. Face a fear.
50. Learn from people who inspire you.