10 Reasons Why I Love The Beach
We are having a lovely hot end to the summer in London and I am off to Croatia on Wednesday. It has made me think about the 10 reasons why I love the beach.
1. It is the ultimate relaxation zone. When we go to the beach we are unplugged from our monotonous daily routine.
2. We can enjoy the fresh air. Taking a moment to breathe in some fresh air will help clear your mind of any worries. Spending time outdoors can be calming and boost your mood.
3. We can soak up the vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential for our health and wellbeing. We can get our daily dose of Vitamin D directly through our skin by spending some time in the sun.
4. It relieves stress. Both the sun and the waves completely relax your body. Water has many therapeutic qualities. A short swim in the sparkling waters can relax your joints. The tranquil sound of the waves splashing gently against the shore can be extremely healing for you mind, body and soul.
5. The beach gets us moving. We can spend some time exercising by taking a swim in the sea or a walk along the beach.
6. We can enjoy our surroundings. The blissful views are so soothing and peaceful.
7. The beach is the best free spa on offer! Take full advantage of the sand’s rejuvenating qualities – sand is a natural exfoliate, that can remove dead skin cells, leaving your skin feeling softer. Take a walk along the beach and feel the sand between your toes or gently rub some sand in circular motions on your skin. The sun is detoxifying – it opens up our pores and the sea’s salty water pulls out toxins.
8. We can spend time in solitude. Plug in your music or read a book. Disconnect from the world around you and enjoy some of your own company.
9. We can create amazing memories. We can spend time with the ones we love, play on the beach, be silly and enjoy the happy times. Take lots of photographs so when you are sitting back at your desk you can reminisce about the good times.
10. The beach is the best escape! No matter what you’re feeling, a trip to the beach will improve your mind-set.