Put Yourself First
Self-care is about being deliberate in taking time for yourself. It’s okay to be selfish sometimes when growth is the motivation. Putting yourself first means taking responsibility for your own happiness. When we realise that we are in control of achieving ours dreams and ambitions in life, ‘selfish’ becomes ‘self love.’ Nobody is going to get you to where you want to be but you.
When we love ourselves we direct our actions to the advantage of our own happiness and wellbeing. Our own happiness comes from tying our lives to a goal. When we focus our attention on something that we want, everything else that is happening around us becomes a distraction. Positivity attracts more positivity…when you devote your attention to taking care of Number 1, everything else will fall into place.
How to put yourself first:
1. Find your purpose. When we find our purpose it gives us direction and focus. It becomes easier for us to identity the things that we need and subtract the things that we don’t.
2. Figure out your path to share your purpose with the world. Write down your short-term goals and work on them daily.
3. Invest in yourself. Spend at least 30 minutes every day doing something that uplifts you.
4. Remember that you are important. Cut yourself some slack. Don’t let others tell you how to live your life, live your life by your own rules.
5. Take time to rest. If we don’t rest we can feel like we are taking on too much which can make us feel vulnerable. When we take time to rest we give ourselves time to regain our control.
6. Be kind to others. The way that you treat others is often a reflection of how you think and feel about yourself.
7. Learn to say no to the things that don’t contribute to your personal fulfilment. Be less of a people pleaser and think about yourself.
8. Remember that you are in control of your future. If you want a different result make different choices.
Do what is necessary for your own happiness and wellbeing.