Rules to Live By For A Positive Life
1. Live in the present. We are a society completely addicted to our phones. We can’t escape it; scrolling, tweeting, messaging, and Instagraming – the constantly connected world that we live in never switches off. We are living in an era where capturing moments on Instagram is more important than actually living these moments with those beside us. It is time that we look up from our phones and experience fully all that life has to offer. Moments will soon pass, and you will wish you had treasured them more.
2. Be comfortable in your own skin. Know who you are and accept who you are. We need to own our stories and love ourselves throughout the process. Do your thing and never apologise for being you. Positive people will be drawn to you when you project an aura of warmth, kindness and happiness.
4. Focus on what matters. Start by highlighting what is most important to you. Make a short list of your top priorities. List your goals, motivations and relationships that matter most. Evaluate everything that comes in between you and your top priorities and question whether it is worth compromising your happiness and peace for them.
5. Take time out. Taking the time to rest and replenish are essential for a healthy lifestyle. Rest and relaxation brings everything into perspective. Let your mind shut off from processing any more information. Learn to say ‘no’ without explaining yourself. We shouldn’t feel that we have to take on more than we feel we can. If it doesn’t feel right for you, don’t do it.
6. Let go. When did worrying get you anywhere? Try monitoring your thoughts and replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Don’t over analyse a situation in your head. Overthinking makes a difficult situation seem worse than it actually it is. Leave it in the past and move on from it.
7. Live one day at a time. Give up the need to know why things happen the way that they do. Everything will make sense in the end. For now have no expectations and keep your attention in the present. Moving forward means taking it one step at a time.