How To Live A Meaningful Life
We have the freedom to design a life that we love and a life that has purpose. The more that we engage with our purpose, it will provide us with a happier and more fulfilling lifestyle. Everything that we do in life should be done because it makes us happy. We should live boldly and maximise our time by focusing on the things that matter most to us.
Sometimes it’s difficult to pinpoint exactly what our purpose is and that’s because our purpose is always changing. At different stages of our lives, we will want different things for ourselves. Our purpose is a goal that commands our thoughts and liberates our energy. It can be something for the short-term, such as reaching a deadline or starting a new day with a positive mind-set. It may be more on-going such as taking steps towards a career goal. When you know your purpose you can easily differentiate between the important and the unimportant. Having purpose guides our actions and gives our lives direction and meaning.
We can give our lives additional meaning by reaching out for new experiences and chasing new opportunities. We can learn more about ourselves from the decisions that we make and each step we take in achieving our purpose.
How To Live A Meaningful Life:
1. Live by your beliefs and values – our core beliefs and values will influence our decisions and can determine our priorities. The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them. Hold your values close to your heart. The world around you is a reflection of your dominant beliefs. How we think and act will determine the environment that we form for ourselves. Live by what feels right for you.
2. Follow your passion – pursue your dreams and do whatever makes you happy. If you want something badly enough, chase after it and it can be yours. Nothing in this life comes easily but there is no reason why you can’t be making a living out of something you love. The things that excite you are connected to your purpose – do them daily.
3. Feel content with what you already have – when our lives have a sense of purpose we can feel inner peace. The obstacles and setbacks that may happen are not meant to stop you but rather are designed to point the way to new possibilities and to open new doorways.
4. Focus – target all of your energy on one thing at a time. In life you get out what you put in. If you want to achieve your purpose, make a point of focusing on it daily.
5. Be led by your hopes, wishes and desires – take every opportunity you get in life as some opportunities only come around once. If someone offers you a chance to try something new, always say yes. Live with no regrets and don’t let your fears and insecurities stop you from trying new things. You have it within your power to achieve anything you want.
6. Live in the moment – take every moment as it comes your way. Focus on the here and now. Spend time doing the things that you love. The present moment is the only moment we have complete control over. Its ours to make meaningful.