We have two choices in life. We can be at war with ourselves; continuing to self-criticise, worry, doubt and effectively self-destruct. Or we can learn to love ourselves. When we love ourselves our life becomes more peaceful. We stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and simply focus on ourselves. Everyone’s journey in life is different and we each have our own purpose. We must remember that our purpose is unique to us.
People will come and go in our lives. Things may change or even come to an end but at the end of the day we will always have ourselves. Self-love is all about acceptance. We need to accept who we are. We need to support what we want in regards to our dreams. We must learn to look after ourselves. We need to have confidence within ourselves.
When we love ourselves amazing things start to happen. We are able to live more joyfully. We begin to see the good in situations. We begin to accept where we are in life. Self-love is all about being completely comfortable in our own skin. It’s about being grateful for what you already have and who you already are.
How to love yourself:
1. Tell yourself why you love yourself. Think of what you have already achieved. Think about your favourite qualities. Think of all the reasons why others love you. Once we are able to appreciate our own gifts, we are able to live more blissfully.
2. Distance yourself from people who bring you down. Negative energy will affect your energy. Sometimes negative people make us question what we are doing and they stop us from being ambitious. Never let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do. Always follow your own goals.
3. Show gratitude for what you have. Friends, family, good health, happiness, laughter, love and time. Focus on the positive.
4. Believe in yourself. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it. Stop putting yourself down. With the right mind-set there are no limits to what you can achieve.
5. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Laugh it off when possible.
6. Stop self-criticism. Accept yourself exactly as you are.
7. Forgive yourself. Stop living in the past and learn to accept your mistakes. Remember that nothing is ever a mistake. Remember you did the best you could at the time.
8. Praise yourself. Negative criticism can break a person, especially when it comes from yourself. Tell yourself what you are happy about in your life and what you have already accomplished. Life is tough; don’t be so hard on yourself. When was the last time you told yourself how well you’re doing?
9. Look after your body. Drink lots of water, exercise regularly, and nourish your body with healthy foods. Love your body and look after it! Looking after your body will keep you feeling good about yourself!
10. Do something every day that makes you happy. Speak to someone you love, watch that movie you’ve been waiting to see or listen to your favourite song! Find a hobby you love and give yourself time to do what makes your soul happy!
Note to self: Believe, be kind, work hard, smile often, stay loyal, be thankful always and love yourself!
Have a lovely weekend! Lucy x