Life is Better When You Are Laughing
The key to having a happier and healthier life is to simply laugh more. Life is better when you are laughing. Not only does laughing make you feel better but it also has proven health benefits. Laughing is a natural pain killer, it can reduce the chances of heart disease, it improves breathing, decreases stress, makes you look young, it’s a good workout and it boosts your mood. Laughter releases endorphins into the brain, which spark a positive feeling in the body. There’s really no reason not to laugh.
Simple Ways To Put Laughter Back Into Your Life:
1. Smile more. Smiling is a trigger for laughter. When we smile more, we immediately feel more positive and happier. It is easier for you to laugh more when you are smiling as after all you’re already half way there! Smiling more helps to perk you up and improves your confidence.
2. Be around others who make you laugh. It’s very difficult to be in the presence of someone laughing without feeling the urge to burst into laughter yourself. Laughter is contagious. Spend more time with those who make you laugh.
3. Laugh more at yourself. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Life is nowhere near as serious as we make it out to be. Remember your most embarrassing moment or share a silly memory with a friend. Try looking through some old photos and reminiscing of past funny events.
4. Do something fun. Spend time doing the things that you find fun and funny or even try something new. Explore different ways that you can invite more laughter into your life. Be silly and put yourself out there. Do things that are going to make not only you laugh but also others. Laughter brings people together so it is great to make others laugh too.
5. Distance yourself from negativity. Positive people and situations pave the way for more laughter in your life.
6. Let go. Don’t let stress bother you so much. Don’t get aggravated over the things that you can’t control. Stop overthinking. Once we let go of these things laughter comes much more easily and occurs more frequently.
7. Find humour in every situation…even the stressful ones! Don’t let anything get you down so much that it can’t make you laugh. Learn to see the funny side of things. Laughter is the best medicine.
8. Force yourself to laugh more. Forcing yourself to laugh more is about putting yourself in a situation that you know is guaranteed to make you giggle. Have you ever been to a comedy show? I recently attended one and I laughed continuously from beginning to end. What makes you laugh? What films leave you in stitches? Try to do more of the things that you know will make you laugh. Put time aside to do them often.
Laughing leaves us feeling rejuvenated. Sometimes a good laugh is all we need to remind us that life is wonderful. This is your reminder to make a point of laughing more.